RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Putting the 'Anal' into Analogies

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_tU07kX9svZfpVB5ui0vM1giytpoR-wXS_705sWR6mIt1UQzPO1nelFIKyXxlrpsg4on>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:49:28 +1300

At 09:23 PM 12/15/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>The important thing about the Lunars, the
>ONLY important thing about the Lunars in-game, is that they invaded and
>occupied Sartar. Which is Ancient Britain/Gaul, with a few Norse/Viking bits
>of vocab for those who can't pronounce Celtic languages. So they could be
>Romans (easy match), they might be Norman at a pinch (though if so they
>mislaid their empire). But if you make them British Empire, you have to work
>out who the "us" is they're invading, and there don't seem to be any good
>matches.

The Ulster Plantations spring to mind (yes, I know Irish history is a lot more complicated/a mess than that) but it's a good starting point. There are also various parts of India and the War of 1812. I could at a stretch use Quebec and the Arcadian explusions as guidance for treating the natives.

--Peter Metcalfe