RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Putting the 'Anal' into Analogies

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_74Ql14CkmQj-MCFyWBei8BEYnPbMxpa7ypdF4iGEcyJl9VjKtAC3QYIoY5NyS>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:15:09 -0000

> >ONLY important thing about the Lunars in-game, is that they
> >invaded and occupied Sartar. Which is Ancient Britain/Gaul,
>
> More like ancient Gaul, which is more or less France, which
> the English invaded repeatedly for centuries.

Er, no. Ancient Gaul was the Celtic time. The France we invaded was a thousand years or so later, when they were Normans, and so were we. Movement between Ancient Gaul and Ancient Britain was more to do with refugees coming to us fleeing the Romans.... OK, Gaul is Sartar and Britain is Heortland, maybe. We have White Cliffs, if not Walls, at Dover.

> So there, now Jane agrees with the rest of us, making it
> unanimous that the Lunars are English. They are invading the
> rest of the world to try to get some edible food...

???

If you're thinking of the roughly Victorian period, as you suggested earlier, I'll stick to British food, thanks. Some of the best on the planet.