RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Putting the 'Anal' into Analogies

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_YtHMPEw9p89nR8lLdZKhsBo-BYOL-wqDn_mWuvXOhhxW0YZCfVLuEEfIBLCNV>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:10:35 -0000

> Yes. but - and I'll try to say this slowly - The British. Cannot.
> Cook.

And I still have no idea where you get this concept from.

> As a result, the Lunars (who clearly can cook) are not the
> British.

The Lunar idea of cooking seems to be very similar to two models I can see - the Romans (Apicius and so on) and British cookery of around Tudor to say Georgian period. The time of the seriously big food sculptures, pies, sugarcraft, and in the later end of that, icecream moulding. Really, really showy food. Earlier end of that, I'd include French, but only because of one chap who went completely over the top with showy but inedible stuff. A pie that included four small children singing, and a trumpeter, IIRC.