The Glorantha "Digest"?

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_PUbverLVEhAjaNyQH0Bag0EfZxA2vKa6RLaFQJRLUlRXmPjxHlnbqGbpxYIs2>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:34:48 -0000

Jane, you bring this up every three months or so. :) Those who use the term see your point, but...

Nominatively, many would say that the Glorantha list is also known as the Glorantha Digest, whether you receive it in digest form or not. Such is the influence of history and heritage (and all to the good, I say).

Even 'officially' the info page of the list gives fairly equal weight to the terms "Glorantha" [-list] and "Glorantha Digest"; HQ-RPG itself refers to it as the Glorantha Digest; and "the Digest" is an oft-accepted abbreviation of the title by old hands. And I'm not even one of them. Nowt will change that; nor should it, in my opinion. Many of us will keep on annoying you by using it.

The "Bolton Evening News" and "Bristol Evening Post" are somewhat disingenuous also, and never mind the "Daily Telegraph". I much prefer them (well, not the Telegraph, but that's a different matter), to the renamed "Crack-of-dawn Bolton MB Newsprint Tabloid".

I'm sure this has been 'explained' (well, our part of the argument put forth) before. There is a fairer argument here, which is not the one of accurate terminology, but of whether list newbies will get what we say (please don't try and say this is the argument as has been made previously, folks, as it isn't). That's fair. However, given the supposedly newbie-friendly ephemera that gets discussed on HQ-RPG at times, I'm not exactly champing at the bit to drop my likings of heritage in this regard.

Cheerio,

Stu.