Re: Official vs Fan Material

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_T0Cx-BIsW9KLPbJM2oL5AVKVwAwSFtbJ2yKJ3jh8-dy2WNKMg77uTRwNq6gQOtIx2kPi>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:41:09 -0000

> Fan material posted on the Issaries site is marked "Note! This is a
> fan contribution. The information may be contradicted by official
> material."
> So this indicates that when Greg is developing new Gloranthan
> material, he might contradict what has been previously released as a
> Fan contribution, wheras with official material...
> um, yes, remind me again what the difference is!

I think the difference is that "official material" is what writers for Moon Design and Mongoose rely upon. If Ian Cooper writes something on the Red Cow clan for Moon Design, he can freely ignore existing fan material, but should try to incorporate official material.

Greg, on the other hand, can write whatever he wants.

Jeff