Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Official vs Fan Material

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_UelOwA1FjHB0NXyJfEsjIzfUS7-sVkwTjC8sBHLPDSRHWqjD4iHQmobJimhHx>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:18:52 +0100 (BST)

> In view of the arguments raging elsewhere I thought
> it would be worth
> recapping on exactly what the differences were...
>
> Fan material posted on the Issaries site is marked
> "Note! This is a
> fan contribution. The information may be
> contradicted by official
> material."
>
> So this indicates that when Greg is developing new
> Gloranthan
> material, he might contradict what has been
> previously released as a
> Fan contribution, wheras with official material...
>
> um, yes, remind me again what the difference is!

erm.... he'll still go ahead and contradict it if he thinks his new ideas are better, or if someone just hasn't bothered with a check? At least, that's what I've seen so far. Insertion of slight cold snap into 1621, first case, move of Bat to end of WW siege not beginning, the second case.

It's a warning like "may contain nuts", and I don't mean as a description of any of the mailing lists, appropriate though that might be. Yes, that pack of prawn sandwiches *may* contain traces of nuts. But it's wildly unlikely, and even if it did, very few people will care.