Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Digest Number 497

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_Httqx81cseZIVM7jOy2VA1zt4BBo5mugCz5-1XI0sM597CoJm69kYKpXxURaF>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 22:50:18 +0100 (BST)

> Hi Jane,
>
> --- In ImmoderateHeroQuest_at_yahoogroups.com, Jane
> Williams
> <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> > Fortunately Greg isn't quite that sort, and He Who
> > Shall Not Be Named, who was, has left, even if
> people
> > still seem to be cowering in fear of him.
>
> Apart from the question of whether or not all the
> evils of the world
> (or the Lozenge) ought to be lumped on Steve's head
> alone,

Probably not (and they aren't), but repeated attempts at bullying, yes. My reaction to such attempts doesn't involve doing what I'm told, but I gather some odd people do react this way, poor things.

> I was
> wondering who was cowering in fear of him,

Well, those people who now seem to think that Thou Must Not Use Unofficialdom, despite Greg repeatedly saying the exact opposite.

> and how is this manifested?

Ooh, dear, that source wasn't official! Got to ignore it, then! Never mind that it's being *used* by lots of gamers, and that if you contradict things they're actually using, they won't use whatever it was you're producing. They're only gamers, they don't count. The only thing you mustn't contradict is the Holy Word of Issaries. People not wanting to use your stuff (and therefore, if you're selling it, not *buying* your stuff) is irrelevant. They're only customers.

Believe me, I have had that argument with Steve so many times it becomes unreal.

Then you add in a FPP presented in a way to say "stop writing anything we might possibly disagree with or we sue", when the real meaning is more like "would you please acknowledge that Greg started this and anything you write on the subject is inspired by him?", with a bit of added "and if you do something illegal on your website, that's your problem not ours". As Greg explains, when you get in touch direct.