Re: Official vs Fan Material and Publication Dates

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_STfg7ZtiGLOz3IjPfNn_moC6NMfn7kOa06b64aHv6LkCtIUg3j7hdxjhGUWrQKdSTFj>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:26:01 -0000

Stu,

Your writing may be crap, but we'll use our editing team, our graphic design skills, and get the artistic team to tart it up so you won't be too embaraased. Of course, it would help greatly if you actually submitted something for publication... :-)

Oi you lot!:
Pull your fingers out and write something. Submit it to Moon Design. I get to decide what is "Official" now, at least for Heroquest Glorantha.

As for "Official" vs "Fan":
I pretty much loathe the "fan" label, mostly because people use it in a derogatory sense or assign things labeled as such as automatically being of lesser value or quality. In short, I don't. Quality writing is quality writing. Greg has largely gotten out of the "Gregging" business anyway. He has moved on to "Franking", since that is his real first name anyway. Alas, it has the down side of making him spend a lot more time at the post office... :-)

David Boatright, a true "fan", sticks the knife in when it comes to announced publication dates. (and he wonders why people loathe to give them). ILH2 has slipped to April 2006. Such is life. Happy now, David? Thanks for your support.

Rick
Moon Design Elitist
High Density Swine Feces comparative non-applicable