Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Digest Number 509

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_-DLOy9t-TiCd4gET56dEriH6FP9Lk3ljb_6iN56LLiLhRy1QgpxOXjTFxoVY8>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:11:46 +0100 (BST)

> > Come Jeff post some more of your campaign
> material. That will really teach me.
>
> I post campaign material because (1) it is
> available, and (2) because
> it illustrates how I use Glorantha as a RPG setting.

And, perhaps, because a lot of us like reading it?

> A lot of folk play RPGs (truly amongst the
> oddest of
> hobbies) that use these stories and articles for
> their setting, but
> that is hardly the purpose of writing the stories
> and articles in the first place.

Well, it can be, but speaking for myself I write stuff because I enjoy it. I then try(*) to make it useful to others, as well as fun to write and to read, because.... well because I can, and it's there, and why not? Not much of a reason, I know.

(*) yes, I know, "try" is the operative word.

Yahoo! Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com