Re: Digest Number 507

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_h0jVONepv287yvhJgh29ixjJgM6iDPjwzsyuLA0y1yoL4_UNPon5cqcjuJQGzXLCpEHqY>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:04:45 -0700 (PDT)

Rob <lamorak33_at_arldS8IBN0i_PPVYw0HvjBMal2X5XdYMpDdBUo_3Drfsyvss39Kz3HzfMJLkLzojB-sEb21WFPPCASI.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Well actuaLLY i think Mr Boatright is right about the Great
> Sartar Campaign. I hate all this wanky new age Lunar shite. Get
> yer woad out, get naked and lime spike yer hair. Then run around
> Croydon town centre in protest at the 5 fucking year wait for
> Dragonrise.
> Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus! Come on Merlin get the fucking script in to the
> big man so that we can have more Heortling stuff. I'll be dead
> before we get the 'Tear the moon out of the sky dragon heroquest'...

Oh, come on, now. You need to have the Dragonrise OFFICIALLY WRITTEN UP, as an OFFICIAL SCENARIO??? Good god, people, buy a copy of KoS, and WBRM/Dragon Pass, AND DO IT YOURSELF!! I mean, come on, the Lunar Order of Battle for the Prax/Sartar/Holy Country theater and list of regiments destroyed in the DragonRise was published, either by Greg or Sandy on the GD, years ago!! Use the Archives, why else are they there?

Dullards! You ought to just go back to your Gameboys and PS2s, and leave Glorantha to those of us who know why they invented D20s (although I *do* miss D4s, D8s, and D12s, and fighting over the last couple percent on D100s. Ahh, those were the days...).

(That should get in the minimum level of invective for this list. I don't want to be banned for excessively good manners :-)

Besides, that cannot really be written as a scenario, it needs to be a MAJOR MOTION PICTURE (or at least, a small thing done at a LARP, captured by the home cameras of the Supporters, and streamed to the web), as it is just too visual (like writing up the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition for blind readers, it can only lose impact as text), and too remote (do you need more details on the Genesis 1 Creation story than "God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light. And God saw that it was good.").

Frankly, I need to have more Lunar Empire stuff written up so that I can figure out who will be the fifth columnists that support Argrath (the Argraths?) when he (they?) leads (lead) the first attacks into the former heortling Lunar Provinces, or when the Lodrilli support him (I think after he retrieved Sheng Seleris, though, so that might be TOO easy to explain: "Obey Argrath, or Sheng Seleris, who will still kill me at random, which do I chose?").

Or, better yet, a good account of the Lunar Emperor's non-return -- what events preceded it, why Party Boy dies (assuming that is the version that doesn't return), when it occured in years ST, and exactly how the empire splits up.

> But most of the other shit boaty says is just that - shit. Big up
> the Gregster.

Except for his complaints that Greg cannot run a gaming company.

Of course, who can? There was an interesting article referenced on the RQ-Rules list (http://gmskarka.livejournal.com/141431.html) that claims that the whole paper and pen gaming "industry" is Doomed! Doomed! Doomed, I tell you!

> From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_X1gkbyGhGrb8nS3YJFl2NvygB9NnULNfsYYGX6trP_lpfmAswg5R4HdQxVA0iw3FDww8QDoRXsh5IArH.yahoo.invalid>
> Subject: Re: Get off the barricade, you lazy wannabe frog
> --- Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_F6-lc364LuZLVzRLCiTnSKw_2HrklXlnQfiFuq9nu5Nc0fv1c1_b3XC6H_pMxMfEff9wrlXjcTEPPWgut5L14pXQc7U.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> > I mean, do you really want to be the people who
> > stand up and say:
> > "Greg Stafford, absolutely not a flake."
>
> I will stand behind that statement 100%!
>
> He's way too flaky to be a _single_ flake. He's a
> whole box, with frosting.

He is from California, therefore calling him a flake is grammatically redundant. OTOH, I think that the people who were the inspiration for the Three Bean Circus might have been a whole box, but not him. Not quite, at least. Of course, I only know him via printed text, and the photos on various websites. In person, he might be worse than my sister (Housesitter to the Stars, when she was still out there).

So what? Some of my best friends are flakes.

Do You Yahoo!?