Re: Flakiness

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_0nrSGvgIta9gfkFxeexcn3MPc2JMEan9BHBvLTxZXTGlGJOq2F7xpK1m4ZDcBMIN>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 07:06:13 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel blathered as follows, without the requisite level of offense:

> > > "Greg Stafford, absolutely not a flake."
> >
> >He is from California, therefore calling him a
> >flake is grammatically redundant.
>
> I don't know why people keep saying that. He went to
> CA to study, not having been born there or grown up
> there. He has mostly lived there for many years, but
> if that makes him a Californian then you'll have to
> describe him as Mexican if he spends any more time
> in Mexico now.

Daniel, we say he's from California because he's so flaky he couldn't be from elsewhere. Then, we muster the fact that he's "from California" as proof positive of flakiness. That is perfectly acceptable logic on this particular list. And if you don't like it, I'll just note that you are from California, too.

Everyone else, piss off.

Chris Lemens

(Not an ad: If you have a little extra money to donate to a good cause, check out http://www.modestneeds.org/.)

Do You Yahoo!?