Re: Convention fundraisers

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at_XJnhHE_m8b3_kDvOf2rIArIKgyQDh3vec7CRYJ8-8iaVXMM57vcDJ1_T53sNWHC9XS-N8>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:43:32 +0200

>... not objecting to a beautiful object being created and auctioned,
>he is objecting to the lack of availability of its contents elsewhere.

If you need this info now, instead of waiting a few months/years, then work with the people who have it, or join Friends of Glorantha or whatever.

>I deplore the idea that certain information will be permanently
>restricted to the moneyed elite and the chosen few.

So does everyone else, and it hasn't happened, so drop the complaint.

>The question is whether this book falls into the former
>category, or the latter. Peter fears that it falls into the latter.

There is no such question, so get back to doing something for Glorantha, instead of feeding paranoia.

>... in the form of GTA restricted library, the practice of restricting
>certain works to an elite remains an ongoing practice of the
>Gloranthan powers that be. I have no particular objection to
>preview information being available to the GTA, but some of the
>stuff in there has been restricted to an elite (a mix of the chosen
>and the moneyed) for close to a decade now.

I'm not chosen and I have less money than any of you, but I can get all this "restricted" info when I want to. There is no such "elite" with "restricted" info. There are people who are more active and thus have some info sooner, but you can join them as easily as I, or more easily, you all being better educated than I and thus of more worth to Glorantha projects. Most who you call elite are more than friendly enuf to include you in projects or point you to info or ways to get it. Nothing is somehow restricted permanently.

Daniel