Re: Vinga the War-Wench and the Duck Pleasurelords of GlORantha

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_odZvQfcueYtTxl4YvA3gm4pAxge9ErSkMbqSiel3R4k3UIbQE0sqArqfRVI5Pcf2>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:33:46 +1000

As always, the fun was just doing a brain dump.

The discipline, whips, chains and vaseline came when I looked at the first draft and thought, 'what will get me flamed/sued/hated even more than they do now?' Then came the painful job of removing the naughty bits, taking out names and generally thinking what is just satire and what is defamation?

While such an attitude may be foreign to this list, it does still apply in parts of the real world (though obviously not in New Zealand).

For some reason, I took out 'game company lawyers', an odd choice given there is universal acknowledgment of their stature and standing in our community.

I can also reveal that Onslaught once had his very own category in the fiction stack.

Now bugger off, the lot of you.

John

(midnight chorister, book burner, RQ2 grognard and writer of duckish vingan tales)