Re: Re: Durulz totem

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_EuxiQjDLTATLLLYPN529ssbJeI_-Gld8ZrYkcRZqFKfi1LKtV4bzdZBbzMYBO>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:19:03 +0000 (GMT)

> Woh ! that durulz resurrection idea is a nice one !
>
> Unusual for this list ...

Yeah, and....

> It also conjures up seriously weird images of Ice
> Magic hybernation ducks ...

Take a good look at the end of the Battle of Iceland. The one where Kallyr does what she claims is an LBQ, that ends up with her encased in a block of ice. I never did figure out what myth she was following: as a variant on the LBQ, it's so non-standard it's barely recognisable.

Maybe she borrowed it from the Ducks?

Now remember the old rumour that Kallyr is in fact a duck?

Now think about the mysterious Deal Sartar himself struck with the Durulz, that ended with him never eating another fowl? Did that pass down the rest of the bloodline?

This is so obviously stupid that it has got to be true. I just need to work out a few details. Physically she isn't a duck of course, but maybe mythically/legally she qualifies in some way.