Re:Turtle's Head.

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_u8q9SRzzPfbiRytP_Wu-cK9ssY-iuMmCvUVoH6xGCS_eLe-5JtDmONmT4Zc1L>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:46:00 -0000

Chris, when not browsing the web for sub-Saharan African brides, writes:

"The suggestion at Saturday night's game was to pack lots of tortilla chips and salsa, so as to introduce the benighted Europeans to the glory of Tex-Mex."

There is a Boltonian takeaway chain called "Tex Mex". I say 'chain', as I think they branched out from their original abode into Farnworth.

I am thus well aware of the delights of such cuisine, particularly your Hawaiian Burgers, complete with Thousand Islands dressing.

Actually, theirs is a rather poor showing, as I don't believe they offered "Chinese/Thai" in addition to the usual complement of kebabs, pizzas, burgers, Nuovo-Boltonian Tex-Mex, English grub and curries (as any decent takeaway up here should). Nor, come to think of it, did they offer scampi.

Given my mum was a Spanish teacher, I still have problems associating tortilla with funny-shaped crisps.

Stu.