Re:Turtle's Head.

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_mf6BO5lD0DNCq24Uw6DotFtuh5cNbYUH8MzmVl64Qy2UHmIKa8ME_pryQ4-kRkA>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:26:59 -0800 (PST)

Alison:
> > It's the usual problem; the best stays at home.

Jane:
> Yeah :( Mind you, much really good British cheese
probably
> couldn't be exported, it isn't designed to keep that
long.

     One of the big advantages of cheddar, that's for sure. The older it is, the better it gets. Ian will never forget, however, asking for old cheddar in a Pennsylvania store. Reply, "Oh, no, if anything gets old, we throw it out!" (They did have
chemically-aged, 'sharp' cheddar. Uggh.)

     Getting back to the Tex-Mex theme, it's generally a pooh-poohed branch of cooking up here. True Mexican, if you can find it or cook it yourself, is considered far superior. Granted, we're hardly getting the best, thousands of kilometers from its homeland. ;-)

     So, to the aficionados, what redeeming qualities does it have?

     By the way, anyone want to change the thread title? Given the subject now being discussed, it's probably considered disgustingly appropriate by some, but really...

Alison

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on www.Answers.yahoo.com