Re: Turtle's Head.

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_38rnNiX_qOxfkLfVaWbdvusYr6ft4oWPaOi131HjQXGTPxGr0PHVXuoCWnn4Qti>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:30:47 -0800 (PST)

Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_oGwcN1-33ItedlcxICtAfHGsgkLMSxNjAshHzstzkZOu8jbAXbexmj2ISM7br_SgNSBn2riAq3YUj5nWRdgzRaiqmw.yahoo.invalid> wrote: Jeffe:
"I wouldn't count on all the Brits staying on your side - I'm pretty
sure with judicious use of beer, Chris, Dan and I can get most of them."

Alison:
"If I can get the Brits on our side, then we've got better community
support."

Any Briton worth his or her salt should be a paragon of parochially minded arrogance -- or xenophobic stupidity -- and immune to such overly assumptive propaganda.

  C'mon, Stu, we're both using conditionals. I'm hoping that Blood is thicker than Beer, but I'm not counting on it. And we're in the Commonwealth, aren't we?

Alison:
"I may have to use a Lightbringer's Summons on them - as I said,
they still owe us from WWI and WWII (and the Boer War, but that's going way back)."

I had the fortune to study with two Canucks during my M.A.*; I'm now convinced Alexander the Great came from Ontario, for instance. Their papers, particularly on the Canadian involvement in the Great War, were always much fun.

(* my classmates consisted of a lieutenant-colonel, once of the Dukes, and of whatever the bloody hell we're calling our regiments these days; two Canadians; two Greeks, one of whom and proudly spoke of his possessing an AK47; a normal English lad; and Stephen Turnbull, of Samurai fame.)

Stu.

       Now this sounds like an interesting situation. I'm busy trying to figure out how you meant the remark about Alexander the Great. Canadians are that combative? (According to all the opposition remarks, true, once we're properly riled. Up 'til then, pussycats.) Do enlighten us, please! I can't stand cryptic, teasing remarks.   Alison

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.