Re: Re: Turtle's Head.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_aA3vW0c4PsW-jYe-MvuTwmIiFyVSu5PlbJtN-HlZ5ThCXoHd3nZMhSKDMZ0Iw>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:00:09 +0000 (GMT)

Same here. And I wish I could get that -20 sunshine you were talking about. Still, it's been pretty good the last few days, -5ish and sunny. I've even started putting a coat in the car (though not wearing it). And we're promised snow tomorrow!

> Daddy built himself a barn just so he could have an
> indoor shooting range for his .50 cal pistol. (Yes,
> pistol. It's a single shot -- because it takes you
> an hour to recover from shooting it.)
> Chris

That sounds like fun. But...

> From the sounds of it, you'll get overrun while
> pausing to reload. ..

Yeah.... we get 4 shots a minute out of a cannon.

We don't have barn levels of space, but Dave did put together an indoor shooting range diagonally across the garage for his airpistol. Then again, maybe I wouldn't find your Big Gun fun. I had a go once. Cardboard target. Gun. Instructions on what to pull in what order. Holes in middle of cardboard target. Yes, now what? It just wasn't challenging enough to be interesting. I now know that if there was a human-size target at that range and I was holding a gun, I could put the shot(s) somewhere useful/fatal. But if someone breaks in, I probably won't be holding a gun.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk