Re: Re: Bull-Turtle's-Head.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_MRQ6DYIOPsaY2zAC2yXV-NsrCRQihvdz8e-GCTsZJzn3BZuJaPxXy3H3ncD7_>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:41:25 +0000 (GMT)

> > And your allies, of course. And... no, it was the
> time
> > before when you went for vehicles marked with big
> red
> > crosses on a white background. I suppose "if it
> moves,
> > shoot it" has the advantage of elegant simplicity.

> You mean like in WWII when the British submarine HMS
> Triton sank
> another British submarine, HMS Oxley, mistaking it
> for a German U-boat
> and received no responses to challenges?

Yeah. That kind of stuff. Only these days there's a theory that we have enough tech to be able to see what we're doing.

> Don't bitch abut the US being particularly prone to
> friendly fire in war.

I think what brought it home to me was being told that in the Gulf War, we lost more troops to American accidents than we did to the enemy. I have an idea the Americans did, too.

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html