Re: AW: Re: Bull-Turtle's-Head.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_Et2GlpsfiTSJkaPzMhU7j8xZnuo3O6t_VO7z57ebVC3QlmpiEjCujvxg9BaTl>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:16:26 +0000 (GMT)

> At 12:42 a.m. 12/02/2007, you wrote:
> >Heh? Then why didn't anyone attack you? Or you
> could have gone after Denmark.
>
> The Brits already have done over Copenhagen during
> the Napoleanic Wars.

I have no idea what happened on land, but the sea battle against a combined Danish and Norwegian fleet was one of Nelson's victories: the one where he ignored the signal telling him to retreat, claiming that he couldn't see it. While holding a telescope to his blind eye. I do like Nelson's attitude to authority :)

Though I don't quite see why this victory stopped anyone invading Denmark in the '14-'18? I mean, we didn't keep it, and they'd had over a hundred years to rebuild the damage.

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk