Re: Bull-Turtle's-Head.

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_TMB5-3OKbngXXPKa-lNfwMgrkQCq3n2ABGWf6r2J7dulndNBQAq6Lq1HHyH3JMS>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:05:33 -0800 (PST)

> * > Including letting all our miscreants out of
jail
> to join in the drunken festivities.

> > Why leave them out? Chris

> Cause they were there for a good reason? Alison

Daniel:
> How do you know? Maybe they were mostly innocents,
or catholics, or anyone which the authorities wanted to have in prison. What had they been accused of and did they have anything like fair trials? Your Bush-like assumption that anyone picked up by cops automatically deserves prison might be considered by some to be a bit out of date.

     It was the city jail - not Kingston Pen. I suspect that most of them were in jail for assault, or having been drunk and disorderly in the first place, so letting them out to be drunker and more disorderly was not very sensible. Of course, you're talking about drunken troopers, too, so that's not very surprising.

     Burning the White House has to be considered fair dibs for our Parliament having been burnt the previous year.

Alison

Never Miss an Email
Stay connected with Yahoo! Mail on your mobile. Get started! http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail