God Learners' Secret

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_YK_4nwrjpn8b4AyyXQPaBmUXJoRpolMzVJ5WQ9UA1aY_8wIBDx5L7qO0nyowL>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:58:42 -0000

Following this on MRQ (and yes, I did glance at the Wogs), I always envisioned the secret as being like this.

Some heroquestor is positioned at the very end of Gloranthan time and space, gazing out into the infinite. Before him rise all the gods/spirits/essences of Glorantha: gigantic figures of Yelm, Orlanth, Kyger Litor, the lot. Gradually they begin to pull at their faces until they warp and tear in a horrid fashion, like shredded masks, and then suddenly reveal Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack, William Drakespear, and all the rest the gang.

The heroquestor slumps to his knees on the sands washed by the Infinite Sea and cries, "Damn you! Damn you all to hell!"

Ages ago, I spoke to Keith on some silly subject or another. Keith spoke of such as Woohoo the Mincer and his Praxian Monopoly, and I mentioned my hopes for GOD LEARNER: THE CARD GAME. In this you gained points for dubious, perverted mythic convergences, conflicts and sexchanges  of your own making, whilst other players could throw spoilers at you. One of the attachable cards was going to be "... was a duck."

Stu.