Re: Re: Cross-fertilising the creative communities of Glorantha

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_XIApmOjrf2YLx_-nUBOYS82Du11wOsxl_D3oWu4SjwjlBq2mIryvuA53cQQ9aIsN>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:11:41 -0800 (PST)

Alison, who doesn't know acronyms after all:

> Well, since wog stands for 'wily oriental
> gentleman'

Actually, it probably comes from golliwog. The more common (false) acronym is westernized oriental gentleman. I've never actually seen anyone say the w stands for wily.

> (and I was never sure just how the Frogs qualified as those)

Agreed. Neither wily nor gentlemen.

> Or the Sartari, if you're Lunar.

Um, how about those Mongol equivalents, the Pentans?

> Goes with 'The wogs start with Kally.'

The wogs start with the Redlands. Or if you are Yelmic, the wogs start at the city wall (or maybe the river). Surely all those bird-riding idiots are wogs to someone. If you are lunar, "we are all wogs."

Chris