Re: HQ3

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_vTwKS2TUDoxc4cUa4aFFBB2uSZUrdSHdL3mxdHZz4ApuuIxSgHC5rBIOEmTtdtqS_Qk>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:09:27 -0000

Das Boot (love the nickname Jimbo) writes:

"Awesome Greg abandons a rule set and Glorantha gets ripped out of it. Can we have Glorantha replaced with Fantasy Europe as a default setting only vaguely referenced in the rules, to go with this overhaul."

Actually, unlike with RQ3, it didn't get abandoned. Like RQ2, it got sold to a bunch of fools. :-)

We thought about using fantasy Europe, but decided to go with an unlicensed well-known IP instead. Thus, we will get HQ: Smurfs. This ties in nicely with my planned de-Gloranthanization (now there's a catch phrase) of the Aldryami supplement, now renamed "Little Elves and Pixies" (LEaP). The game is also going 3D to attract Jimbo back into writing for it. We're still working on the cost issues, but we should be able to include at least a starter set of toothpicks and a beginner's lump of modeling clay to create your PCs. Don't worry, the MSRP will stay around $100 for the deluxe, limited edition collector's boxed set.

I was tempted to wait until April 1st to post the good news, but I hate passing up an opportunity to share insider knowledge to the loyal inner circle.

PS: Has anybody noticed the irony of the message at the bottom of the preview screen that reads "are you sure you want to send this message?"

Cheers,
Minty.