Re: Re: Texas goes new-cue-ler

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_HqotvTTwiNnSI5kwzwENr4MDehzeFVWfWPPkfTNRwfBglN3Czmwij6Fz4wRDJ>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:17:14 +0000 (GMT)

> Right. Rugby's a good sport. Football is different
> in that it is a sport of strategy, not tactics.
> It's like getting to line your troops up before
> sending them into battle, rather than just rushing
> out onto the field. To get weapons, you have to
> switch over to hockey (where "fight" is actually a
> valid play).

That wasn't what we were taught in school (though it's a pretty good description of what we actually did).

But the important question about this "football" - does it involve good-looking blokes in very short shorts? Or not? Heavy body armour sounds like it may conceal more than I'd prefer, at least that's the impession I've got from the little I've seen in films.

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk