Re: Vinga chiseler?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_lCQUnCvzpwkrkVCy5Az0KfgAjtKiRxuygTX1jLGM5Cgubh4PN8YrD37dxewTv>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:06:58 -0000

Thank god for YGWV! I have read up on this hitherto unknown version of Vinga being somewhat like an inverse Nandan. What a load of old shit. That explanation would have a gone down like a Thanatari pole dancer at a Uroxi convention with just about every female who ever played in my Glorantha. Vinga is a socially acceptable outlet for women warriors. To insist that they must be some kind of 'geezerbird'  is dolorous. I aint got nothing against lezzie Vingans, I'd rent that movie any day of the week, but I just don't see the point.

One of the things that I like about Iron age Celtic society (I am not a historian, this is the impression I have developed over the years) is that it was remarkable in that women could be warriors, kings (Queens of course) and leaders, and that the female role was not necessarily seen as a lesser role.

I guess because Greg is so heavily invested in Medieval culture and Arthuriana and its inherent sexism that its crept into Glorantha with this newly discovered Vinga. If you're a warrior you must be a bloke and a fucking lesbian as well! lol

Oh dear,

Rob