QUACKBETH HUEYMAKT'S GLORANTHAN ARGUMENT-LOSING BINGO!!

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_MJFhosCxPun1TNyXF8sCtihGxykHN_7X2BBtSIK-TZQ5kJWOyPpgi24s-jUUg5cuyzrj>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:32:28 +1000

One of the myriad Jeffs (which one, who gives a fuck) brought a link to our attention:

> http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060405.html
> <http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060405.html> Damn, I've nearly manged to
> fill out the entire card in the last few days. Fucktards!

I like it. I've done a Gloranthan version: it was either that or finish my Vinga post, and who'd want to go there?

Those few of of you who can spell and think in a straight line are invited to nominate further categories.

(For those of you without access to the Intra-link thingee (New Zealand, Bristol) its a cartoon with a game card for list-argument bingo. You tick off the statements or sentiments as they appear, and when your card is full, you stand up. shout 'Bingo!' or 'FTW!', then go outside and attempt to get a life.)

Stealing freely from the original, let me present the draft version of

QUACKBETH HUEYMAKT'S GLORANTHAN ARGUMENT-LOSING BINGO!!

  1. "Greg said once at a convention that _______ ..."
  2. Comparing anything to the Nazis or Carmanians.
  3. We don't know EXACTLY so there's no reason to argue, even though I was earlier, and at great length.
  4. You just LOVE/HATE all ___________________ (Big this week, women and lesbian Vingans. All time favourite, Ducks and Mostali).
  5. Bringing up any recent large scale tragedy/movie/new game/ delayed Gloranthan publication as a distraction.
  6. Making accusations of elites, cliches, and clichey elites.
  7. Making accusations about 'elite' limited-release publications.
  8. Using GAG to mock/disprove/question OTG or whatever Greg is thinking this week.
  9. MGF, all right?
  10. 'Samurai!' 'Ninja!' 'Samurai!' 'Ninja!' [The Let the Kiddies Play Ploy]
  11. Anyway, ducks are stoopid.
  12. True tribesfolk understand (the silent majority).
  13. Take it to the Digest.
  14. Take it to the Roolz list.
  15. Take it OFF the Roolz list.
  16. Just take it off-list.
  17. This is a newbie-friendly list, so kindly shut the fuck up.
  18. Take it to ImmoderateGloranthaQuest, [The Wanker Maneuver].
  19. Page 19, para 4 of Dumps from Darkness (1981) states conclusively that black is white. [The Metcalfe Maneuver, or Twisting the Dragon's Tale].
  20. Petey/John/Jane/Greg has been neglecting their medication again.
  21. What definition of rude are you basing your accusation on? In an Orwellian sense of Jungian philosophy I was actually being polite. Page 17, paragraph 3 in book X confirms this.
  22. This highly specific example written in 1981 before Heortling society was even invented in an article about traps and treasure proves conclusively that ALL _____ [The Omniscient Author Fallacy].
  23. The Texan is a hippy / Stu's on the juice again. (A variation on the 'at least I have a life' ad hominem attack. [On the Immoderate list, score only for posts that do NOT engage in this maneuver]..
  24. He's allowed to change his mind.
  25. He's not allowed to change his mind.
  26. YGMV (you sad loser)
  27. YGMV (but you're wrong)
  28. Some people don't like sex in their games. Lets stick to murder and wholesale violence.
  29. I speak for all Gloranthan gamers when I say...
  30. It's just a game.
  31. It's really, really deep mythic truth. You wouldn't understand.
  32. Greg has forgotten that ....
  33. You're just pushing an agenda.
  34. I wuz tired and emotional.
  35. I'll just ignore your counterexample.
  36. I'll just ignore your entire post.
  37. You're anthropowanking.
  38. You're mistaking rules for game reality.
  39. You're ignoring the rules.
  40. You're ignoring the sense of the rules.
  41. It was an editing mistake. Just because I published it ....
  42. All right thinking Republicans would agree with me ...
  43. I'm taking my bat and ball and leaving the list. (But I'll sign on with a secret identity).
  44. That would never have happened in RQ2.
  45. If I repeat it often enough, you'll give up and go home.
  46. [CHAOS Rune]
  47. [CHANGE Rune]
  48. [LAW Rune]
  49. All opinions are valid and should be respected, (even if they're based on faulty logic and provable falsehoods). [AKA Any Temple On A Holy Day]
  50. I've just made it up, but let's pretend its GAG.
  51. Freedom of Speech. (Unless I disagree).
  52. He's an Arkati shaman trickster. Get used to it.
  53. Greg's just messing with our heads [again].
  54. Greg's just messing with his own head [again].

And the ever elusive. ....

55. I was wrong. You were right. Thanks for clarifying.

Any more?

Jimbo

john_at_MF0NTGepgWjJIG6_XSRbKVZyZXszgmGiiJiKi3CqGiVZwYOzjKmHfC13y7dC-h2T8ec-3IdcQtmAghfotA.yahoo.invalid                John Hughes
Mythologic: http://mythologic.info

"There was a muddy centre before we breathed.  There was a myth before the myth began,  Venerable and articulate and complete.

 From this the poem springs: that we live in  a place That is not our own and, much more,  not ourselves, And hard it is in spite of  blazoned days."

Wallace Stevens. "Notes Towards A Supreme Fiction"