Re: Vinga chiseler?

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_gxz2zEvTc-Pj_wJ-Ssp3luq11xs6A9sf-AY74YqRdB9Y0M54BaAOn0ndTU7OJ>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 17:06:57 -0000

I'm trying to find my part-finished draft wherein I compared Gloranthan publishing to English politics under the later Stuarts. (Such as the dissolution of the Trading Association parliament, once a loyal voter of funds, then prorogued into uselessness; the replacement Friends parliament; and the secret subsidies provided by a foreign, hegemonic state; the rise and fall of the earl of Steevie; King Francis and the Oath of Supremacy; the Fan Publication Act; Sir Jeffrey Richard, Attorney General, and King Francis' new cabal of ministers; the development of court and country parties; various dissenters, Jacobites and nonjurors; Lord Christchurch's virulent campaign of pamphlet warfare conducted against his enemies in the cabinet and elsewhere; and so on.)

Sadly, I think I've deleted it. I might have to write it again, if only because it had the delightfully named earl of Minty as Lord Treasurer, and Mark as Lord Keeper of the Great Seal.

Stu.