Re: Re: Vinga chiseler?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_ygH1z6pJ8TdFSdkRhPL6O_fQAVxjcts6qeB9PuNoTnB5dnAkPmJcVFeynlneo0lL>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 14:01:33 -0700 (PDT)

Going back through email, I see that Baboon Jeff sez:

> > With genuine respect to Jeff, that's a load of bison-shit. Using
> > this example, look at the U.S. Army and tell me there isn't a real
> > world need for a "socially acceptable outlet for women warriors."
> > It's not just a game construct. And, to the extent it is a game
> > construct, it is just as much a story-telling construct. If people
> > want to play Xena with red hair because it's a great story.

> Like a degenerate monkey, I fling the crap back at Chris! The US Army
> is a really lousy comparison. Although physical conditioning is
> important, the average modern soldier does not fight with his (or her)
> muscles.

Wow, you totally missed the point. It has nothing to do with capability. It has to do wiith desire. A world with combat magic is like the modern age. Women can fight if they have the stuff (magic or technology). The question is whether they have the desire. The US Army shows that a significant number do.

> Besides, the tiny percentage of Orlanthi women that want to follow
> martial cults have plenty of options:

Which proves my point.

Chris