RE: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_D0xUaaP8NVTXtrq4UVRT1-r1vnQZ6445K_HkZfaxQyHyi04GXV8s4DPOaPeQeC7Lo4my>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 15:47:21 -0300

John Hughes, bane of forty-plus adolescent males, has spoken.

John - magnificent! I give you a 9.7. My only reservations are (1) a bit too rational and well throught out to get a straight ten, but that won't surprise anyone; (2) your excellent use of the word "Pox" (one of the best, I feel, since the close of the 19th Century) could usefully have segued into a "Pshaw" or a "Fie" - perhaps you could hook up with Stu for some one-to-one; (3) you faltered slightly on the pirouette.

I think you should post this pretty much as is to the other list(s), John. Where it gets very Anglo-Saxon, you can just excuse yourself with some long-winded anthropological justification (you are Australian, I think people tend to be understanding about that sort of 'issue', especially if you start getting aggressive).

You might want to take care, too, John. People in your country might start taking you for a metrosexual, with your enlightened views and all, and that could get quite messy.

I'm sure there's an insult in there somewhere.

Sam, who uses a man-bag in macho Brazil.

p.s. I agree with Stu. "My bad" has to be about the ugliest epression there is: it is so very brash, and only a Yank could apologize brashly.