Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_2Yq4c9s7BO0plu76gTu-8fTImFIh2togEqaZd_d6mi_Gv1tvwpHfH34GN8AhzqXSDgsx>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 22:08:23 -0000

> >Come on - Vinga just is not that important a cultic figure.
>
> So why bother making her a lesbian in the latest work?
> Why not simply ignore her altogether?

We didn't make Vinga a lesbian. Heck, we have no stories about Vinga loving another goddess. We know she got pregnant and that was a bad thing and nearly caused her to lose her position as a Thunder Brother.

All Greg and I have said is that it is probably easier for a Vingan to love another woman than to love a man. And that Vingans are considered "men"- just as Nandan initiates are considered "women". That doesn't mean she's a lesbian - just that she is a woman who can serve as a man.

Jeff