Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_Mk3Ei9Lexl2CLc8XZg-xr5Whch1EpbAknD6qBX66fqT4J0xT0s5jj7rhPKdwHwMzVvd>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 09:42:35 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Chris Lemens wrote:

> I still think Vinga's an overranked goddess, with too much attention
> paid to her because of who her #1 follower in modern Glorantha is. I
> personally just think of her as a Thunder Brother who was female. I
> think that explains most of her, so long as you then set her in the
> period when everything was going to shit and anyone who was anyone had
> to step it up or die trying. She saved some kids; that's cool. The
> other Thunder Brothers have their myths. I just don't find the whole
> "Vinga got pregnant" story persuasive at all. She's a female Thunder
> Brother; I don't remember any myths of Thunder Brothers becoming
> parents.

Your memory is off.

Storm Tribe p.222 Destor, son of Varanorlanth. Varanorlanth is Orlanth. I don;t think there is any argument Destor is a Thunder Brother. Strom Triobe p. 226 Tatouth son of Destor.

So Destor the Thunder Brother is a parent.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_GYOcrdGon_TVHYI_pTQdgNTyftL6N7jrjD9bL2rxWsQjg_b6k7QHMlucoaz9_tMAOCuk3hare2EzWCm2f_aNfA.yahoo.invalid