Re: Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_pN-SRs79EeZ9xCie-JVeDDOi-fjXPPgUnZC5LfC_9sn8ky1qtLN_Or1kixbyOw5e>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 05:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff:
> I just said that the women combat soldiers I have
> personally known, have all been seriously weird.

That's a side effect of knowing you. All the women soldier I ever knew were pretty much normal white trash, a fairly combative group to begin with. (By the way, "white trash" is no tear-down. That's the cultural group I belong to.)

Besides, from an Orlanthi point of view, Vingans ARE seriously weird -- entirely without the whole lesbian thing. These are grown women who are tomboys. They give up the Ernaldan life of influence, presige, and family in order to hang out with the most immature of grown men. This is a minority of a minority of women. So, why do they need to be lesbians to be different?

Chris