Vedr. Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_VJeUK5XwXP_fjKOzp7SPZw7AOe1Jrq3u3tbGn-oaBtOjLURAnFEN9qj-wZ4jH_zK6qhb>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 12:13:13 -0000

> Oh, I really hate how all the gods who were once individual gods are
now suddenly just the same god in different shapes. Vinga and Barntar are Vinga and Barntar, NOT Orlanth. I don't care what Greg says!

Really Svere? How many games have you ever run where Barntar was an important aspect of the game? Barntar is part of Orlanth - his son - and is often worshiped as a subcult of Orlanth Allfather. Sometimes even as the main subcult of Orlanth Allfather.

Vinga allows her worshipers access to Orlanth's magic. She is - at least to that extent - a female-only subcult of Orlanth.

Vinga and Barntar are still individual gods - as are Destor, Hedkoranth, Vingkot, and the lot. But theey are also just individualized aspects of Great Orlanth, who is the source of their power.

Jeff