Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_7rGo3U0E7xIPBn1Qj8qdmUbftr9f1WHVJkVNoKykW1HlRi05oIf4mduTWQrSRgfiCcRH>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 15:19:24 -0000

> Which has got me wondering Jeff, how many games have you **ever** run
> where Vinga was an important aspect? You don't seem to have the
faintest
> fucking clue.

I ran a game where a Vingan was extremely important - a Vingan heroine played by David Dunham. Nallindia was her name if I can recall. I am sure Dave Pearton or Neil Robinson or Pam Carlson might have a few choice words about her. Suffice to say, she was a superb warrior, she never married (although was not a lesbian - just didn't seem that interested in sex at all), and she never did really understand Ernaldans. She ended up getting on the wrong side of a feud with Erilindia of Durleel, and got outlawed by her own ring (who were all in favor of supporting Erilindia).

The game ran quite awhile and was the second of the Seattle Farmers Trilogy of games. Nallindia was very central to the game and her feud with Erilindia ultimately broke my ability to manage the game. Nonetheless, it was a great game. How's that?

> Is it just coincidence that the two most popular community developed
> cults, Vinga and Sun County era Yelmalio, have both now been the
subject
> of retro-fitting designed to totally knock the sails out of them?

Part of a grand plot of mine. Oops, I wasn't really involved with the Elmal Project, but I strongly supported it after the fact. Yelmalio never made sense as the Orlanthi Sun.

Jeff