Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_lERssmpzglKGiicQKGEkT4yb1HZ2nebe6ZcAN-pwlklCtUQZByVJVmJqKPdak12v>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 09:19:51 -0700 (PDT)

Peter, responding to me:
> >She's a female Thunder Brother; I don't remember any myths of
> >Thunder Brothers becoming parents.
>
> Varanorlanth, father of Destor
>
> Destor, father of Tatouth
>
> Nisikis, father of etc.

So I was right! ( . . . that I don't remember.) And who is this god "etc"? I don't remember hearing about him. Is the the god of "all my other bastards whose names I can't remember"?

I also have to say that Peter's response is just another case of unwanted facts dragging a fine young theory into an alleyway and viciously killing it. I say that this has to end. The way to start is to require all "facts" to be registered. That way, everyone can know where they are and avoid them in safety. Futher, anyone possessing any facts should have to register as well. After all, you never know when they might pull out a fact and use it. Finally, serial fact offenders should have to register on a public database and should not be allowed anywhere near vulnerable young theories

Of course, creating all these registration systems will require some money. Since nobody likes paying taxes, I think a "registration fee" for each fact should be levied once per year, until the fact goes out of existence. That way, only those with facts would bear the burden of their transgressions.

Now, I know that some will say that this proposal tramples on their induhvidual freedoms, but I think it is necessary to the public welfare. And really, what are freedoms but a theory that has to be protected from dangerous facts? So banning facts will actually protect our freedoms more.

Chris