Jeff Richard goes to Charm School

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_nlwxYIM-nd_ZLv9326fDQvTkYFNoXv0lhznJNrfFNMumnTOF6lu3KVjA0NZwu>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:02:48 -0000

I've had enough of witless peons -- who are far less intelligent than they think they are -- filling my inbox with crap. I don't have the messages delivered by e-mail, and read the group on the web, but that's irrelevant.

Christ, but this is boring. We've not even heard from Boaty in ages, and this is tailor-made for him. The old Glorantha Digest, which could be more witty and offensive than this list, without all the affected self-congratulatory vulgarity, was far more amusing. I mean no-one's entitled a post "Jeff Richard goes to Charm School" yet, which shows how crap this is.

[Actually, I've edited this post's title to just that, in honour of those no longer gracing us with their presence.]

Let's at least have some novelty. Given that we hardly ever see anybody posting any Gloranthan material these days, and those that do are either hopelessly diffident for fear of starting an argument, or ridiculously self-worthy, I'm going to start.

The following character is brilliant, and should be used in your Glorantha. If Your Glorantha Varies, it's because you're an insipid moron.

KAROLGES
An infamous pupeteer, Karolges the Expectorant very nearly became Karolges the Extinct when he performed his tired yet raucous routine at the Conclave of Howling Bones: a solemn religious festival dedicated to Jajagappa (rumours that he had been paid to appear by the tribune of the Doblian Dogeaters are of course wholly unsubstantiated). Though Karolges escaped the chaos that ensued, the high shaman held aloft a rag torn from his raiment and declared the vengeful Bloodscent; now all Jajagappites are oathbound to sniff out and hunt down this infidel, so the Dog Father might gnaw on his blasphemous bones! Karolges is thus on the run, chased by a slavering horde that is subverting many allies to its task.

Mundane Abilities: Hide 18, Hirsuite 5W, Puppets 19W, Run 16, Sense of Humour 8, Spot Trouble 7W.

Magical Abilities:

     R Donandar & Skovari magic—Animate Puppet's Face talent 13W, Imitate Dog Sounds talent 12W, Make Audience Happy feat 9W, Vocal Sound Effects talent 1W2.

     j Gobbing Jaj (magical dog puppet)—Expectorate 4W2.

Stu.