Eyes Opened

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_IgmOGfMcRnFavcH3aLgAMkjCjiiJvX6lvDZ7UzaRnnlmboaMi5SqbHPAzlPiV>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:32:19 -0000

One thing this Vinga flamewar has made me think about is all the things in post Hero Wars Glorantha that have generally pissed me off and what, if I ever ran a HQ game again, I would change. Because mainly I am fucked if I want to play in the kind of Glorantha some people are pushing these days (mentioning no names).

Namely,

Orlanth is only for men. With the exception of Vinga.

Humakti are severed from their kin.

Uroxi are basically outsiders, no longer just barely tolerated kinfolk.

The entrenching of rigid gender roles for orlanthi

The change of the lunar empire to resemble the Persian empire rather than the roman one (which Brits more assosciate with)

Yelmalio/ Elmal. Yelmalio is cool, Elmal is shit.

To name but a few,

Rob