Re: Poor dim little me - custodial duties

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_tk89ZKO3pvU-3jkme6djRuTroLqzusRK4dOywpGtFERD9UHOz27Y_cM8GlhupCTk6fkg>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:58:52 -0000

> I don't expect Jeff to listen to me, I am not articulate or smart
> enough for that.

Or polite enough. This may be the Immoderate List but making ad hominem attacks are rarely the best means of getting the other person to listen to you. For example. the reason I ignore Peter is that his preferred approach to disagreeing is to resort to personal insult (by the way, that insult to Peter was not designed to persuade Peter change his ways - I know he won't).

I respect and personally like John, David, Chris, Stewart and many others on this list who disagree with me and try very hard to keep this discussion civil so that people know that I am not taking their disagreements with me personally. Then again, maybe some are taking my unwillingness to agree with them very personally.

If that is the case, then please kindly fuck off.

Jeff