Disturbance at the Heron House

From: Jimbruce <john.hughes_at_u6yz9_xxNSOipF7dEDCaiNc0wWBFPouCIKUw0xglhzMStf_MxwrE8BY-JXCg_mY7>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:38:11 -0000

Das Boot has surfaced, the Hippy is defending the American Taliban and confusing social progressives with nineteenth century Hegelians, Stu is back off his medication and Jimbo is letting rhetorical flourishes get in the way of serious deconstruction. After a week or so of uncharacteristic relevance, it seems we're back to business as usual.

Thank you Jeff, Allison, David C., Rob, Micheal, Stu and others for your ideas and reactions on the latest outbreak of Heortling essentialism.

I'm still scribbling away, on the history of myth, the history of Glorantha, the nature of the pact between Earth and Storm, and the mythic nature of the amazon. I hope to raise the Vinga issue in another forum in a way that can be respectful, incisive, non-partisan, and constructive, as well as finding a way to deepen our understanding of Vinga and the Heortlings without wholesale destruction.

Wish me luck.

I'll not continue the Vinga issue here for a bit, though I will be reading, laughing and gritting my teeth in all the usual places.

Among the issues still to be explored are:

Why can't the Storm Tribe handle women?

What is the nature of the pact between Earth and Storm? What is the actual myth, and why, on the surface, has Ernalda come out such a big loser?

If there was a pure Storm Woman warrior goddess, what would she look like?

If there was a socially mainstream Earth warrior, what would she be like? Is the answer to be found in a less misogynistic portrayal of BB  and her kin?

Can a 70s mythology grow to encompass wider elevance, or does the Lunar Way offer the only hope for the future?

And of course ...

What the fuck was Jeff drinking, and where can I get some?

Me, I'm going back to bed.

Jimbo