Re: A New Gods of Glorantha

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_6UpkokoDETGM6h58eLogeZ30T4Ju58aYEK4reWHbk7HNd-gvJvjrAu94Wa8CU>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 09:42:17 -0000

I've tried to be a bit more constructive than "Great thoughts, Peter," but I can't really. The broadness of scope is very important, and I only know a fraction of what Peter does. Offering local suggestions sometimes just knocks the whole off balance.

That said... the one idea I'd perhaps suggest is a 'Dragon Pass Independents' group, which is more of an extended text box on the meat and drink of the whole, but ruthlessly exploits that Old School WB&RM vibe and links in with the dragons, Hydra, etc.

A little added weirdness can work a treat. Others [i.e. Keith, Dan, Chris] might suggest a similar 'Exploit Nostalgia' strategy for Nomad Gods/RQ2 Prax, to add to the WAHA! Oooh! and mirror this.

For four of six 'gods'

Arachne Solara (Beast Valley)
Atroxic Church (Black Horse County)
Bloody Tusk (Stinking Forest)
Yelmalio (Sun Dome)

spring to mind. If you wanted to include Babs in the Earth Tribe, you could easily insert Maran Gor (Exiles) here [over Kero Fin]. As for other potential fifth/sixth slots (to follow the template), I fancy fun like the Great Wasp Queen (Wasp Nest), or even a powerful landscape entity like the Spirit of Movement (Travelling Stone; as also in Tarsh in Flames), but that's just me.

There are the Grazers, of course, but there's a lot of Sun-love going on already, so tough choices might have to be made. There's Telmor, and maybe even Sartar (what about what he gifts when we *can* use his magic?).

Cheerio,

Stu.

P.S. Of course, I'd also like to see Enlasteer and Harabistarinos, as a Necessity. Invisible mammoths might fly (and they do, well, hop...).