Re: Disturbance at the Heron House

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_CvcFZg_cH6gUQZUOcUVwyxc9SisJo01WLzv4RilMfMcthKj2426ANbemtexsEK8Jave>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:22:41 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Jimbruce wrote:

> Wish me luck.

You'll need it.

> I'll not continue the Vinga issue here for a bit, though I will be
> reading, laughing and gritting my teeth in all the usual places.
>
> Among the issues still to be explored are:
>
> Why can't the Storm Tribe handle women?

Cause they have the maturity level of teenage boys after a strenuous rugby match. As the lock said "I pushed and I pushed and I don't where I ended up - but it was bloody dark".

Except for Humakt of course - he proved his maturity by giving his family the shove.

> What is the nature of the pact between Earth and Storm? What is the
> actual myth, and why, on the surface, has Ernalda come out such a big
> loser?

See above

> If there was a pure Storm Woman warrior goddess, what would she look like?

Hairy

> If there was a socially mainstream Earth warrior, what would she be
> like? Is the answer to be found in a less misogynistic portrayal of BB
> and her kin?

Perhaps

> Can a 70s mythology grow to encompass wider elevance, or does the
> Lunar Way offer the only hope for the future?

God I hope not.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_FhJln1RGE2_oU3-7f-8vu2ZhtQdOYyYmgaSVHO6lRoqcD_MgnmrbdcvD8mwRE-DFeHxsaDaZP-iY1gosQw.yahoo.invalid