Re: Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_kDkfk5rxUEmcmoqTEESp_v6Va2xxZqiOFKX7pi_Bg4Gj5BoQEG0SLX91qNYKlYxbrjO>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 23:11:01 +1200

At 10:41 p.m. 4/06/2007, you wrote:
>Peter Metcalfe replying to Jimbo:

> > Vinga is a path for warrior women, _not_ important women,

>Strangely enough, though, the two well-documented warrior (leader)
>women in recent Sartarite history are warrior-queens (Kallyr and
>Leika) ruling through Orlanth kingship.

So you reject Jeff and Greg's fucking stupid retcon that Leika is actually a worshipper of Redayle (who has no weapons magic let alone leadership magic)?

But the Orendanae were strong when the Feathered Horse Queen first appeared (KoS p227). Then there is Belvana Chan whose leadership role Jeff praises to the skies is something along the lines of "does whatever her husband thinks".

>There does seem to be a role for a female chieftain able to lead the
>warband.

You are confusing roles. Leadership of a warband is not the same thing as chieftanship. Women can lead the warband and become chiefs or queens but rarely, like men, do they combine those roles.

>Even the great marriage partners of Argrath(s) have some martial
>aptitude (FHQ8, Inkarne),

Fuck the FHQ, we're talking about Orlanthi.

>and the best described non-healer female
>(Entarios the Cow, Enferaldan) within the rebellion is an accomplished
>heroquester (and will perish on the LBQ-follow-up into the nether
>hells, fightin' an' kickin').

Entarios the supporter would be a lot more impressive as a hero if she could do something else other than throw rug. As has been pointed out before, the Ernaldan Heroquests by lying in bed and let somebody else do the hard work.

>I don't quite see an Orendanan raising a tribal army, and deputizing
>this task to someone else is very close to handing that person tribal
>kingship.

Nonsense. Bismark didn't lose any status when the demigods commanded the army in times of war.

> > and even then not the only path (Humakt, Maran Gor
>
>Storm Bull (unless that little detail begins to matter now, too)

Not Storm Bull coz that's a male cult among the Heortlings.

>Animism, or mixed communal worship, common magic and animism (like
>Griselda - who incidentally turns out to be a dyke, after all)

If Joerg cares to stay on topic, he might recall that the subject is about being a warrior women within the Orlanthi religion.

>Bevara, apparently with some battle- and personal self defence training

Yes. Earsplitting Scream, Dodge All Attacks, Hide Self etc are just the type of magics needed to convince the skeptics that women are just as capable as men...

--Peter Metcalfe