Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_CMRw02TPllLVEZ0LbfFvLEkFHGfM1_N_ilZxtg7OQWfxYxEdL_mj5y7wNej_NMkbTxuv>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 13:00:59 -0000

> So you reject Jeff and Greg's fucking stupid retcon that Leika
> is actually a worshipper of Redayle (who has no weapons magic
> let alone leadership magic)?

Greg and I were chatting about this in Dreieich. Leika - hands up who have ever seen her original character sheet - was a worshipper (but not a devotee) of the horse goddess Redalda (and is a traditional patron goddess of the Runegate clans). Her weapon skills (and her charisma) are mundane, not magical, in nature. She probably uses more common magic than divine magic. Lots of people rely upon their own skills, augmented by common magic.

Once she became elevated to the kingship of the Colymar, Leika became an initiate of Orlanth Rex. Vinga Dar is unnecessary - Orlanth Rex is the Colymar tribal protector and whoever is acclaimed king with the sacred regalia can worship Orlanth Rex without need for an intermediary.

> If Joerg cares to stay on topic, he might recall that the subject
> is about being a warrior women within the Orlanthi religion.

More specifically, how to be a devotee warrior women. Again, Just because your god or goddess doesn't provide spells to help you do something doesn't mean you can't call on ancestors, heroes, common magic or whatever.

Jeff