Re: Helerings of Wenelia and Umathela (and pine cone flaming)

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_tDGXUqCPx6kZWWN20LOU3cr8u9ZBiDW2jjWGutE2hzttseSAEbtkC3_xWBB8WC3o>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:02:23 -0000

Joerg :

> Peter

> > Not half as repetitious as filling Umathela and Wenelia with
> > pigs in the first place.
>
> The Helerings should have brought or kept sheep, true, but Wenelia
> without pigs is about like Orlanth without storm.

FWIW, Joerg is RIGHT !!

> >>Sheep won't do well in that forest, I suppose, but cattle oughta.
>
> > What happened to goats?

Neither sheep, nor cattle, nor goats.

The Wenelians were forced to resort to pig farming (and pig-worship) and hunting and gathering in the oak forests after the Goddess Switch destroyed ALL of their traditional agriculture.

This little factoid is very, very cleverly hidden away somewhere in the canon, although for the life of me I cannot remember where...

Julian Lord