Re: Helerings of Wenelia and Umathela (and pine cone flaming)

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_lt6VzIzV0bzKUZHLZSJvSLylPdJAqzHG6iVkw0aS5_Kz95QHpJmBi3tafEBPB6Vl>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 19:18:47 -0000

Oh the pigs have always been there certainly, but Greg's suggestion that agricultural disaster would leave the herds unaffected is plain incredible. Herds eat too ...

Whether the switch undid itself or not, and frankly I'm dubious, it's a Darwinian fact that the peoples likely to thrive and succeed during such a LONG crisis, ie those not dependent on the previous agricultural basis, would take the place over.

ie I'm not suggesting that evil Goddess Switch magic persists in Third Age, but that those clans that survived said evil Goddess Switch magic did so by adopting different foodstuffs (ham, bacon, sausages, and eggs) and that they are unlikely, in Glorantha, to disaccociate themselves from these survival foods just because some fickle Grain Goddess starts batting her eyelashes and saying "oooh sorry for leaving all your wives, children, and elders without food for many decades, honestly it's not my fault ... "