Re: The fucking pietist movement!

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_uOj3l0J7yNUaKe4dvjcX28SgkMpzF3NnAKMg0yJV_Oh_GHbSlddkXefpt2TSW-a6JoK>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 18:22:06 -0000

Stewart Stansfield:
> I didn't necessarily post because the picture offended my morals. I
> posted because it was shite.

I quite liked it. In fact, I've got it saved on my hard drive.

But, there again, it takes a lot to shock me and I'm not involved with Issaries/Moon Design/Moderating and don't give a toss about how things like that might affect the image of Glorantha.

> When you've put magical dildos in official publications (though that
> was an accident... I think), written about coprophilia and human-duck
> sex, produced a smut version of GRoY, and fully integrated the works
of
> John Norman/Lange into heroquests, you're welcome to call us pietists.

Nobody has complained about my (unofficial) stuff, either. Except for Adept who said it made him feel sick. Perhaps we are more robust than normal folk, taking Broo and Vadeli in our stride. After all, we've had hard-ons illustrated in Tales of the Reaching Moon, naked females of various species in various fanzines and supplements and the best depiction of a Ulerian temple in Path of the Damned, so what's the problem?

Is this officially becoming the new Gloranthan Digest, even thought he old one occasionally flares up?

I personally haven't noticed any changes at all in Peter Metcalfe's style - it's the same here as anywhere else.