History of the Heortling Peoples

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_kXdv4b6dfCn6wnCArd8wPfXoXJmb7b5BJ0N0oj9BgIcULBHHPC6dTQaByj6hKuEMbze>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:56:20 +1200

Been reading it over the past couple of days.

Undoubtedly it's full of information that hasn't been published before but some of the stuff is old (the dates for the Arkat War has been kicking around as far back as 1998, the history of the EWF dates from 2001 and so forth).

The new information for me is really the information of the Hendreiki including some tangential information on the Holy Country. I'm totally unconcerned that it tears up my previous understanding of the place
just so long as Greg's got his shit together to put out some information about the
place.

The Esrolian material is fine (but I'm still having trouble grokking Imarja), the Kitori and Arkati information much less so.

The editing leaves something to be desired. There's obvious reduplication of material at several places (the most blatant being p101).

No sign of the Vinga myth although I
did notice a Red Woman in the Rastalulf
myth and a Vingan Hero is responsible
for the Somme-like battle against the
Zistori. The only indication of lesbianism is between two Esrolian grannies.

--Peter Metcalfe