Re: Leika

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_wiOPkkl7Yp4WwkpYy4olmbb3wygoc9QOb_Si_F7DDobajIwb24z5Q9spfSu01R44A1Xc>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:58:42 -0000

> Actually, for me the Leika part of the debate is simply
> largely about Jeffs arrogant feeling that pissing on old established
> facts about Glorantha to promote some of his relatively minor
> insights* and suit his own prejudices is in any way responsible.

You mean the Wyrms Footprint tale from way back when concerning the Duke of Disorder - a blurb from Greg's old old house game? Or the three entries about Leika in King of Sartar? As far as I am concerned (and I suspect that I have written more about Queen Leika than everyone else put together - including Greg), the only established facts about Leika is that she is a Taraling, she led a warband called the Ballistans (that was coopted by Redbird the foreign sorcerer), she became Colymar tribal king after Starbrow's Rebellion and she was overthrown by Blackmor a few years later, and becomes tribal king again when Blackmor is killed. And now that she worshiped Redalda as her clan ancestral goddess. That's it.

Jeff