Re: Leika

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_lLw5WyeXgmL3gD4QTVjASIfetK7HGGfeAyLmGckWgNyMLN47ieHwfHOxWbkF6tKxyjlr>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:58:43 -0000

> In what form? Initiate or devotee?

Initiate. Certainly not a devotee.

> As a member of one of those clans who worship her in her own right/
> or as a subcult of Elmal or Ernalda or even a hero cult.

>From what we can gather, it seems that Redalda and Beren are the
ancestor gods at Runegate. Possibly a paired cult - ie. men worship Beren, women worship Redalda, but they get essentially the same magic.

A God Learner would call this an Elmal subcult, but they would be wrong. :)

> Why can't she be an initiate of both vinga & Redalda?

She can. If you really want her to be a Vinga initiate, go for it. But there really isn't any need for it. Once she is Queen, she is an initiate of Redalda and Orlanth Rex (not Vinga Dar - which Greg and I think is incredibly incredibly rare outside of Esrolia, and is also unnecessary for most Orlanthi tribes).

For what it is worth, Griselda is probably simply a communal worshipper of the Storm Pantheon (at least during the early stories).

> I really like the relationship boxes that appear in the HeroQuest
> book (eg.p249) showing division of time I find them a useful tool for
> describing powerful npcs. Can you do a simple one for Leika (without
> the skill ratings perhaps)?

I have one. When my boxes arrive from Hamburg, I will try to figure out how to post it.

Jeff